I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chico's Bolero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chico's Bolero
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 13:44

It wasn't shown on the ITV show, but here it is.....

Dancing On Ice hopeful Chico Slimani might have ended up in a very respectable third place on tonight’s grand final, but the hopeful still missed out on getting the chance to show the world his version of the iconic ice dance, the Bolero.

Only the final two contestants – Jorgie Porter who eventually placed second, and winner Matthew Wolfenden – got the opportunity to perform their interpretations of the routine.

But in this exclusive video, recorded before tonight’s grand final took place, viewers can get the chance to see exactly what Chico’s routine would have looked like had he performed it on the live show.

As the first beats of the iconic track kick in, Chico can be seen twirling his professional partner Jodeyne Higgins around the ice, before whisking her into an impressive lift – while still on his knees.

Chico then joins Jodeyne on the ice, where he shows off his flawless moves on the rink, effortlessly moving from one stunt and lift to the next.

Only the two finalists in Dancing On Ice get to show off their Bolero routines -  but this exclusive video lets viewers get the chance to see what bubbly contestant Chico would have done in the final stretch to be named Dancing On Ice 2012 winner.

Chico became one of this year’s most popular contestants, after entering the competition as a reserve, stepping in for injured Chesney Hawkes.

He immediately impressed with his natural aptitude on the ice, and improved week-on-week to become a real contender for the DoI trophy.

Unfortunately nerves got the better of him, and viewers watched in disappointment tonight as the 40-year-old slipped during his first performance of the night to Happy Days, dropping Jodeyne on the ice. He still managed to get 26 points out of 30, but his ego was no doubt dented - as well as poor Jodeyne's booty.

Chico came back more determined than ever though, and gave a stunning performance to LMFAO’s Sexy And I Know It – his favourite routine, from week nine – winning him top marks of 30 out of 30.

But it wasn't enough to save him, and after all three finalists had performed two routines each, the public vote was closed and Chico found out he had placed third in the contest.

N-ICE ON THE ICE:

Dancing%20on%20Ice%202012:%20exclusive%20look%20at%20Chico%20Slimani’s%20unseen%20Bolero

Edited by deborah31 - 29 Mar 2012 at 13:45
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 13:48
All 3 are here
(chico,Matt, and Jorgie) btw why are they all in Purple???
something to do with the original skate i suppose?????

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 17:57
That was lovely. Well done Chico and Jodeyne Clap

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 06:59
I have finally seen the whole series. They showed the final yesterday. I was very impressed with Singing in the Rain. I am not familiar with any of the UK celebrities, but I enjoyed the series, even 2 years after it aired in the UK. I just love this show. My friend has been recording the 2013 series of Strictly Come Dancing for me on the UK TV channel on pay TV. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to catch up on week 3 onwards. Next week I will be able to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply