I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 19:43
I have read all of True Blood apart from Dead Reckoning well half of that as it was boring. 
Charlaine Harris needs to up the anty in the next book.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 15:44
I thought Dead Reckoning was alright -- I've noticed sometimes her books seem to set the scene more for the next one, like a sort of transition story as opposed to a standalone.

I'm not reading anything right now, I'll have to sort that out soon.
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 15:27
hay wheres everyone gone
have we all stopped reading lol

have not been keeping track of the books since i was last on here so can only add the three that are in the bag waiting to go to the charity shop
my first is
A gathering light..by jenifer donnerlly
at first i thought i would not get though many pages the book wasn't, i thought my cup of tea but by the end i enjoyed it

the second is ken follets pillers of the earth
didn't get past the first ten pages...glad i brought it from the charity shop they at least gained from the book and they are getting it back to resell

the third was danielle steels zoya
liked this book very much..have seen the film with i think mellisa gilbert (little house on the praries laura)

am at the moment reading karen roses i can see you  just started it so can't say much about it. Never read any of karen rose books before

moonshine
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 13:56
I have just finished Dawn French's book 'A Tiny Bit Marvellous'.  Mixed feelings on this one. It's written in diary format from the points of view of three of the main family members.  Some good, funny stuff in there but I felt that some of the characters could have been fleshed out a bit more.

Currently re-reading 'Liverpool Miss', by Helen Forrester.  Last read this in the 80's and thought it was worth another thumbing.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
jamesfly View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote jamesfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 06:50
At this time I read cold blood,Bella Mafia books. 
james anderson
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 16:51
reading the first jack reacher book . got lee evens to read and some of torey hayden to read too so looks like i will be busy for a while
moonshine
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 19:23
i am now reading Lisa jewell
the making of us
am half way through at the mo
it seems a good book
moonshine
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:44
I am reading a non-fiction book "How the Girl Guides Won the War", in reference to WWII. I was a Brownie and Girl Guide, but never imagined that the skills developed as a GG could ever be used in the way described in the book. The GGs in Poland and the GGs during the blitz in London - inspiring and brave.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 22:01
I have just finished reading Ken Follett's 'Fall of Giants' I love all his books , it was another book of his about 800 pages long!! set with a war background Poland/US/England/Germany /Austria etc.....so had a lot of fact in it too.
Read it on holiday in about 3 days, but now passed it on to someone.

Have read quite a bit of Lee Child's Jack Reacher's just finished 'The affair ' recently, and just picked up 'The Killing Floor' from my local charity shop, along with a 'lighter' Santa Montefiore, which i can't remember if I've read or not (did read all her books a few years back)- 'The Swallow and the Hummingbird'.

Picked up some great 50p books too from School Fayre, a month ago, including Barack Obama's , -Dreams from my father' , Sue Townsend's  'Queen Camilla, and 'The sixth wife' by Suzana Dunn (Henry VIII era), not sure when I'll get chance to read them tho, house in a bit of chaos, and seems to be more to do when kids off school!!!! (maybe during long cricket matches next week)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 22:05
Originally posted by moonshine

reading the first jack reacher book . got lee evens to read and some of torey hayden to read too so looks like i will be busy for a while
I've just read 'The Affair' which is his last book written i think?? but precedes all of them?? (bit like Star Wars films, go further back in time!!),
 in it , he's (Reacher) is still in the army as a MP, I think it's just before he gets out.
Have just bought Killing Floor, which may have been the first I think from after he just left??

edit
I haven't read them in any particular order, just whatever order i find them in the local charity shops!!! so jump about all over the place.
I'm still annoyed Tom Cruise played him in the film recently, which was based on 'One Shot'
I did like the one (mostly)set in Norfolk too, (The hard way?) it's bleak winter descriptions made me laugh!!

Edited by deborah31 - 01 Aug 2013 at 22:09
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:28
been in the charity shop again
i have got to read to my best friends by sam baker
reckless by andrew gross
a quiet belief in angels  by r,j,ellory

going to start reading to night
moonshine
Jen View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 01:09
Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell ; just read it and you will know why I recommended it.
Jen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233